Not just about hot actors


6. Favorite super hero and why

Ever since I could remember, I only liked one superhero. I didn’t like Superman, or Batman, or Spiderman or any other superhero. I thought they were cool, but I didn’t really get attached to them. I only liked Captain America, the First Avenger. He couldn’t fly, he couldn’t shoot death beams, but I always thought he was the neatest one. No. I didn’t start liking him because the latest movie had an extremely hot actor. I actually saw the previous Captain America movie, when he was buried in the snow and people discovered him. It was an old film, and I could only remember bits of it. I didn’t start liking him because of the Avengers Movie, no matter how amazing it was.

1990 at the left. 2011 at the right
There was a PC game that we always used to play when we were younger, Capcom vs Marvel. That was the first time I saw (or rather, used) him my whole life. His BLUE outfit, with the pretty stars, immediately attracted me. Plus, I won when I used him. After the game, I asked my dad who Captain America was. He wasn’t pretty popular in the Philippines, so I just found out about him.

Being the awesomely knowledgeable father that he is, Papa tells me that he’s a supersoldier, and he’s the ultimate gentleman and this and that. I was very happy, especially when Papa said that Captain America was his favorite hero as well. I guess that was the seal of the deal.

This was the game's poster

From that moment on, I started having him as my favorite superhero. I am irritated with the people who continuously accuse me that I only like him because of the actor. I repeat: Even if he looked like my foot, I would still go and watch the movie. it just happened that Steve Rogers in the movie was hot.

I’ve always wanted one of those Captain America shirts, but when it suddenly became trendy. . I no longer feel the need. It’s stupid, especially if people would just look and you and think of the first reason why you’re wearing it. I’ll buy one if the hype subsides.





So there you have it!
Captain America for the win!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boxing Drama

Last post for the night

Fourty-two