I like love stories but I'm a horror nut.

When I was a young girl, I remember watching Child's Play. And honestly, I was and still am terrified of Chucky. It's one of the reasons why I dislike dolls with a passion. Barbie dolls are included. My parents stopped giving me dolls when they saw me drawing on their faces and cutting their heads off. Hm. That just made me sound like a psychotic child. Anyways, I've been exposed to horror movies at such a young age that this time around most horror movies just bore me to death. It's not because I can no longer feel fear. It's because I like the feeling of being scared. It gives adrenaline.

Lately, that's the case. I watch all the horror movies I can find only to be disappointed 70% of the time.   , which is why I don't want to watch horror movies alone. It gets boring. It's much more fun when you have someone who gets easily scared out of their wits. The favorite person I like watching horror movies with is my sister. We are only about a year apart, so we saw the same films when we were younger. Somehow, she turned out to be quite the opposite of me. I remember when we watched No Tell Motel, which was incredibly stupid. She kept on screaming all the time, even when it wasn't even scary. And, whenever we watch a horror film in theaters, she usually covers her eyes and ears.

A close second would be my cousins. As you all know, the only girls in our family is me and my sister. All of my cousins are males-- easily scared and emotional males. They cried when we watched A Walk To Remember. Sure it was pretty cute of them, but heck. I remember the time when we all gathered to watch Tale of Two Sisters and they all insisted that we stop. We didn't and they covered their eyes the whole time, while bothering me with questions.

The third is Fido and Gatb. The first movie I saw with Fido was Drag Me To Hell. I wouldn't call it a date because Page and MC were there. Anyways, he seemed pretty cool with the not screaming part. We were more occupied with Page who kept holding us as she sank further down her seat. (Also a favorite horror movie companion). Since then whenever we wanted to watch a movie, I always demanded the scarier ones. I didn't think it bothered him, until we watched Paranormal Activity and he literally made a little scream and jumped out of his seat. Like WHAT? He readily confessed that he wasn't a fan of horror films after all.

“Men often like [scary films] as date movies because women are more likely to seek physical closeness when they’re scared, and men can show off their strength and bravery,” Cantor said. (This is aptly called “the cuddle effect.”)
In one study males liked a horror movie more when they saw it with a female who was scared, and females liked the movie more when they saw it with a male who wasn’t scared."
Oh well XD

GATB. Hmm. Page is my favorite companion, because she has the cutest reaction of all. Penda comes a close second, because she tends to get fidgety and violent. It is also very fun to watch. Ezzy just avoids horror movies at all cost, so we tend to force her just to watch it with us. She usually has the same reactions like Page, which is SOOOOO FUNNN to tease. Lorry just quietly sinks in her seat, but she jokes around from time to time to distract herself, I guess. Angel is the one I can relate the most when it comes to horror movies. We actually talk about the plot while watching, which is very refreshing because she actually knows whats going on.

LOL. I didn't intend to dwell to much there. I just wanted to share my excitement because there are alot of horror remakes this year. I'm super PSYCHED about Evil Dead and Carrie. Evil Dead is originally a trilogy made in the 1980s, and I haven't seen it for myself. A lot of reviews said that the ones who didn't watch the original would enjoy it more. Carrie is a work of my all time favorite horror novelist, Stephen King. He's just soooo awesome. All of his works are! Especially Children of the Corn. I also saw it when I was younger, and it terrified me so much that I actually liked it. Anyways, Evil Dead is a bit gory. I dislike gory movies, such as the Saw series. I avoid that as much as possible. I'd rather be scared, not sickened. I'm sure I can handle Evil Dead. OH BY THE WAY, the Director of Evil Dead is the same person who directed Drag Me To Hell and Spiderman. LOL.

Some of the most recent horror flicks that I like.
1. Cabin In The Woods
2. Mama
3. Let Me In
4. Insidious
5. Scream 4
6. The Woman In Black
7. The Orphanage (This is a bit old but I just saw it. IT'S AWESOME)
8. American Horror Story (It's actually a series but it deserves to be mentioned)

Comments

ezara said…
hahaha oh franny xD the part about angel actually knowing what was going on made me laugh.. xD i still sometimes have scary flashbacks about the horror movies you guys made me watch. xD

Popular posts from this blog

Boxing Drama

Last post for the night

Fourty-two