I should've seen the sign


I will never watch movies recommended by random people

Do you know how it feels like when you're the only one who hasn't seen a supposedly awesome mind blowing movie? Everyone, and I mean literally EVERYONE in college cannot stop themselves from babbling about how much they enjoyed Pitch Perfect. If you don't mind the random outbursts of singing in the hallways, you could survive. I didn't. I decided to give this movie a shot, since the people with  opinions I respect told me to watch. Make no mistake because I won't make that mistake again. Pitch Perfect was 'awesome. . .ly terrible'.

It began innocently enough, I actually liked the song in the beginning. Suddenly, it became the biggest mash up of every single cliche EVER.

I absolutely felt DISAPPOINTED. The movie was oversold to me. I had high expectations, since I do enjoy anything with singing involved. I cringed at the sum of the movie, and I just couldn't help myself from posting MY OPINION on such a barely average movie.

It has the typical loner girl who doesn't want to try new things but then she gets involved with a group and she has friends. OH YAY! Finally, the movie follows the most cliched storyline imaginable. Girl has trouble in college. Girl meets boy who befriends her. Girl joins team of last years shame. Girl pushes away boy away because of her past and her daddy issues. Girl forced off team. Girl "learns lesson" and wins boy back and helps team of has-beens win championship. Yay, CLICHE!

"Beca" (THE MAIN CHARACTER) is nothing but a selfish brat who spends most of her time sulking in her room with her terrible roommate. Did I mention she just happened to have daddy issues too? WELL, Daddy forced her to go to college instead of chasing her dream in LA. This is the ultimate set up for character development right?! PUHHLEASE. She just suddenly turns into this perfect social and moral butterfly, after a mere apology. Being kicked off in the girls acapella team suddenly made the group even worse? She hasn't even contributed anything promising, and yet the girls in the group are suddenly too dependent on her.


"Jesse" is the most UNBELIEVABLE character ever imagined. He's the sweetest guy ever and doesn't even have a girlfriend. The terrible cliched love interest that every girl would come to love.This boy prances throughout the movie being sweet to everybody, expressing is obvious care to anyone from his nerdy roommate to his 'moody and push everyone away' love interest. He pursues Beca for no particular reason but her apparent moodiness. This guy is truly one dimensional and I, EVEN as a girl, feel no cheesy feelings for him. Gosh. So you're thinking, 'WOW, Fran likes all things cheesy but she doesn't like this cheesy guy?'. Well. This is rotten cheese.

Every other character can be summarized into adjectives. 'The narrow minded leader' 'Sex-addicted groupie' 'The touchy lesbian' 'Insane Asian girl'. Actually, now that I think about it. . It's pretty discriminatory. The movie directly insults, Asian people (unfriendly Kimmy and quiet asian), Jewish people (Deaf Jews), redheads (Nodes) , and probably more that I fail to recall at the moment. Not to mention several distasteful jokes like the one about eating another baby in the womb. Seriously, JUST STOP.


It's humor is so painful.Fat Amy is funny, the only funny I got from the movie. All else falls flat. She still cannot save the movie. The most achingly obvious example is the climax, little Beca's return to save them all. Seriously, was that girl doing vomit-angels supposed to funny? GROSS. DISTASTEFUL X INFINITY.


But, then again, the performances were entertaining. It would've been better if they just cut off the movie into 30 minutes, with nothing but their performances. I would've enjoyed it far more better.

Also, for a PG-13 flick aimed at mostly female tweens.
But, like, that's just my opinion. If you like lame things like Glee or cliched movies, then you will probably love this movie. If you're just wasting time, you would enjoy this. If you're into great life changing movies, just don't watch.


ACA-LAME
THE MEDIOCRITY OF THIS MOVIE IS ASTOUNDING
THE BARELY-AVERAGE-NESS IS STRONG IN THIS ONE

Comments

Page said…
I DON'T CARE. I LOVE DONALD. OH EHM! HAHAHA :P
ezara said…
Lol if i ever watch it, i will keep your thoughts in mind.. xD haha
Penda Penn said…
oh yeah, and im no stranger, u should definitely watch Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter! HAHAHA

Popular posts from this blog

Boxing Drama

Last post for the night

Fourty-two